Tuesday 10 February 2009

Five Days In

Five days in, on a bus to Pushkar, and a joke made about completing our first Monday to Friday puts me in a reflective mood, for the first time since arrival. When I try to compare what we've experienced in those five days to a typical week of work back home, I struggle. In fact, I can't compare it to any previous five days of my life.

All my anxiety about India has been washed (or should I say eaten) away. The food is great, the weather is perfect (hot but not too hot), the scenery is fantastic and the people are genuine and honest and open and friendly. There's no such thing as going out to the pub and going on the lash until the wee hours here, but I needed a break from that anyway. And it's all so...different. “No shit Adam”, I can hear you say, but it really is. And I'm loving it.

No comments:

Post a Comment